- Is the property on a busy road?
- Is the property next to a retail or commercial space?
- Is the property right next to a train line?
- Are there power lines over the property?
- Is the property close to schools?
- Is the property on a flood plain?
These are just a few considerations to look into when going through an open home. After inspecting a property, continue to do your due diligence. Start to research any areas you’re still unsure of, and if you do decide the home is the one for you, enlist the help of independent property inspectors to cast a professional eye over the property.